Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Why Blog?

I am out of work.  People say I should say I'm freelancing, but the truth is, after 23 years of steady day in, day out work in soaps and sitcoms, 4 weeks of work in the last 7 months feels to me like "out of work."

Believe me, I am not sitting home eating bonbons.  In the last 7 months, I have learned a lot of things about a lot of things, ranging from the words that make a difference on a resume to how my children behave after school, from how much focus it takes to work at home to how much it costs just to walk down the sidewalk in New York City.  And somewhere, in all of this, it occurred to me that what I have been learning is actually worth sharing--with other job hunters, with other parents, and with other former soap opera employees (whose ranks, sadly, have grown tremendously over the last 10 years).

And thus, my blog, "Not Washed Up Yet," is born.

Tune in tomorrow for the next installment.

2 comments:

  1. You are far from "washed up"! Your talents and expertise in so many areas make you a valuable asset to any company. More than that, you are a real "mensch" who has the keen ability to bring out the very best in all the others that get to interact with you along the way. I am certain that anyone who gives you the opportunity, will truly be the better for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to see your blog!...

    ReplyDelete