Saturday, March 15, 2014

Friday? Are You Sure?

This week, on Monday, I thought it was Tuesday. On Tuesday, I was pretty sure it was Wednesday. On Wednesday, it felt like Tuesday. And on Thursday, I was positive it was Wednesday. It's kind of amazing that I made it to Friday.
 

I am not normally so mixed up. My days are defined by kid transport arrangements and deadlines. A whole house of cards could fall apart if I truly got my days mixed up.
 

So I have decided to come up with a way to remember which is which--
 

Monday--The day when no one wants to go anywhere (not made better this week by the changing clocks).
 

Tuesday--The day when the return to going everywhere starts the cycle of sleep deprivation. Everyone's still going, but there are signs of impending overload.
 

Wednesday--The day when overload begins to hit code red. It's no wonder I thought a bunch of days were Wednesday. Code red came early this week. And then stayed. Perhaps this clocks thing was still affecting us? Or perhaps it is just normal overload.
 

Thursday--A day on the way to Friday, but if you haven't even recovered from Tuesday and Wednesday, Thursday will put you over the edge (and, in my case, make you think you're still in the middle of Wednesday).
 

Friday--Really? Are you sure? Some weeks, it's clear that you've made it to Friday. Others, it takes till coming home at the end of the day to know that you've gotten to the end of another week. That perhaps you can sleep a little later tomorrow. That you have faced all the weekday craziness, and have lived to talk--and blog--about it. And hopefully to keep your days a little more straight next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment