Sunday, November 17, 2013

Knee Deep

Today, it was bark, sticks, and hot glue (Iroquois village), but truthfully, I think I am always knee deep in something. When I'm working, it's always more involving than some might think it should be (how many times have I heard "it's only a job!"?). And with my kids, it's a ride of reactions to each thing they need or want to do. So while I am not a construction or design expert, I am knee deep in miniature building materials for a school model. While I am by no means a gourmet cook, I have been known to be knee deep in smushed potato and vegetable oil making potato latkes at 6am for a class ethnic food lunch. And while I could stand back and think great thoughts for other people to execute, I'd much rather be knee deep in the trench executing them.
 

Because life isn't about watching from the sidelines. From where I stand (currently in a pile of nature and craft materials), it's about being knee deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment