Thursday, February 16, 2017

Wisest Use Of Time

There was a time when I had hours for coffee and conversation. These days, more often, it's an email or a "hello" on the run.

There was a time when there were stretches of time to think great thoughts, write new words, discover uncharted paths. These days, the brain has to work faster, my pen has to move quicker, my strides have to be longer.

There was a time when I wondered about "down the road," planned for "something different," looked for change. These days, I gulp today, celebrate right now, leave the future to the future.

There was a time when I had hours for coffee and conversation, great thoughts, and all sorts of plans. And maybe those were glorious days. But making the most of a moment of silence or an email or a quick "hello"--that is perhaps my wisest use of time...

No comments:

Post a Comment