Friday, September 27, 2013

Best Laid Plans

I thought I would be out late swapping stories with a bunch of former coworkers. I'm curled up with a nasty cold.
 

I thought I would go from soaps to children's television (well, maybe more like I wanted to go from soaps to children's television). No children's television yet.
 

I thought the end at ABC would lead to a blip of time off and then the start of a new work home. The blip was more like a bliiiiiip, and I'm not sure you can find that kind of home more than once.
 

I thought I would look for new jobs and find new jobs. I have looked, but in more cases than not, the jobs have been not the ones I looked for, but the ones that found me.
 

I thought I would shrivel up and die from unemployment. I am still very much alive, and, while there are days of shriveling, there are also many days when I have discovered parts of life that I'd barely been aware of, and many parts of me that I never had time to see.
 

Aah, best laid plans....

3 comments:

  1. What do you mean by "former co-workers", Tracy? Do you not work for Prospect Park for both AMC and OLTL anymore, and you're retired now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prospect Park is not currently in production on the shows, so I am not currently working there. This could change at any time. And I am DEFINITELY not retired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Okay, I know that PP isn't currently in production with either AMC and OLTL, I just wanted to know your current working status! I hope that PP settles their lawsuit against ABC, and that OLTL will resume taping again, and that AMC goes back into production as well! Thanks for the info, Tracy!

    ReplyDelete