Monday, September 16, 2013

"Well Done" Calendar

My daughter proposed today that if you have a good Monday, whatever happens the rest of the week can't be that bad. Interesting thought, but I know better. I've had many a good Monday that led into a simply awful week.

Despite my previous experience, I am starting to ponder her idea. I mean, how nice would it be to know that as long as Monday was good, you'd be okay for the rest of the week? And perhaps it's not about the rest of the week being perfect, but rather, your being able to refer back to your fantastic Monday when the rest of your week goes South, which is not so different from my wanting to accomplish something early in the day, so that if all else fails, I can know I at least accomplished something.

The question is, how do you hold on to that good Monday for 96, or even 144 hours? (And if your Monday is lousy, how do you make sure THAT doesn't stay with you for 4-6 days?) Many of us keep calendars of all the things we have to do, but how many of us keep calendars that note the things we HAVE done, so that when we face the rest of our week, we can see our Monday (and whatever day) accomplishments, as well as all the mundane but necessary tasks that are accomplishments as well?

Now, I'm not so good at keeping an up-to-date "To Do" calendar, but this "Well Done" calendar  might actually work. Unlike the "To Do" version, it could make me feel good, not guilty. And probably better than the "To Do," it might help drive me forward through a week, so that, as my daughter was proposing, a good Monday could really kick off a good week.

I think I'll give this a try--hey, if it doesn't work, it will be "scientific" evidence that the Monday theory makes no sense. Stay tuned for updates...

No comments:

Post a Comment