Saturday, November 22, 2014

Who Am I This Time?

At 5am, I was head chef, putting up coffee and making breakfasts and lunches.
 

At 5:30am, I was friend, sending and answering emails to check in with the people who keep me sane daily.
 

At 6:00, I was alarm clock. The kind that chirps every five minutes until someone finally actually gets up so that the chirping can stop and kids can get dressed for school.
 

At 6:30am, I was transportation coordinator, making sure money and instructions were distributed to people who needed them for later.
 

At 7:00am, I was at-home editor, sending off my current progress from the computer, and book collaborator, typing up a document for the middle grade novel for which I've written.
 

At 7:30am, I was working parent, making sure that my supplies for my day, and my son's, were packed to make it out the door.
 

At 8:00am, I was bus guru, putting a child on a school bus and myself on a city bus.
 

At 8:30am, I was school parent, learning about clever ways to compare fractions.
 

At 9:30am, I was savvy city parent, using every inch of where I was and every minute I had free to run as many errands as possible.
 

At 10:30am, I was television AD, marking a script, checking out playbacks, and generally laying groundwork for (hopefully) a successful day. As it turned out, I would remain that, most of my other roles fallen by the wayside, until well into the night. I'm not so used to being one person for so long.
 

Who am I now? I'm not sure--I guess it depends on the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment