Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Life and Ping Pong

I am getting better at ping pong. It is not exactly a marketable skill, and yet...

Keeping your eye on the ball, literally or figuratively, is a good idea in lots of situations.

Being able to focus not just on the big things, but on the small, seemingly lightweight, ones, can be very useful.

No matter how powerful you are, if you're not aiming for the designated target area, you're likely to be off the mark.

Sometimes, simple endurance is as important as fancy footwork.

Often, it's less about being able to lift more and more about being able to keep what you've lifted in the air.

Quick reaction can be just as valuable as powerful contact.

Sometimes, it's simply about being in the game.

Often, we are so intent upon gathering marketable skills that we forget about the ones we learn by just involving ourselves in the world around us. It's unlikely that I will be called upon to play ping pong or be judged in the work world on my ability to do so. But the skills I've picked up with every ping and pong will go with me as I approach many of the other tasks I try to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment