Thursday, June 2, 2016

Following The Path

I walk the path from home to school, from the corner to the bus stop, from family to work and back again. I cover each path as though I know it like the back of my hand. I set the destination, and the legs just go. After all, following a path is easy, right? We lay out what we want, and then we just follow the path to get it.

Most of the time, however, our paths are not nearly so straightforward. We take a few steps ahead, and then find we have to turn back. We stray from the path, sometimes finding a better one, sometimes just finding ourselves lost. Or we just seem to keep walking and walking, never quite reaching out intended destination.

I start to walk, and I am not quite sure where my path today will take me. But I am walking, and discovering new paths each day. And sometimes, that is all we can do...

No comments:

Post a Comment