Saturday, March 11, 2017

Fair Trade

I wonder sometimes, when I am working overnights, if I am losing days. After all, a night worked results in a day largely slept (or sleepwalked) through. So, do I, in fact, end up with fewer usable hours, even though I seem to be up for far more hours?

I realize sometimes, when I have a break from working overnights, if I am losing days. After all, a night not worked results in a night largely slept through, and a day that doesn't include the very early and very late hours and the ability to blog in the middle of the night.

I discover sometimes, when I alternate in and out of overnights, that the different work scenarios, and frankly, most things in life, are a trade-off. There are good points, and bad, to almost anything we do, meaning that sometimes, the luckiest we can be is when we have just the alternating life I've described--days that don't seem to end, and days that end far too quickly, days when we match up with the world, and days when we can march to our own beat.

Is it a fair trade? I don't know. If I'm awake enough for enough hours, I'll think about it tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment