Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Promo Day

Today, a promo that I edited "hit the airwaves"--YouTube, social media--those "airwaves."
 

Now, I edit every day. Things I edit play into news and business shows, and for years, other things I edited were seen by hundreds of thousands of people watching TV. It's just what I do. But today, when my promo hit the mini-airwaves, I was struck with an excitement that I haven't felt in a long time.
 

Perhaps it was the fact that I'd done this piece of editing on found time, in minutes and hours between getting children to school and getting myself to work.
 

Perhaps it was that it was a labor of love, a project that made me smile with each soundbite and image and snippet of music.
 

Perhaps it was that it was for an organization I believe in, an organization that I hope will benefit from my work.
 

Perhaps it was that it allowed me to prove to myself what I can do.
 

Perhaps it gave me a little sense of product being as thrilling as process.
 

Just as a promo allows you--forces you--to tell a big story in a very small period of time, this "promo day" allowed me to celebrate, just for a moment, a new twist in a long career path.
 

A promo that I edited "hit the airwaves" today. Check it out at
 

http://youtu.be/BVPEbMrrPJs

1 comment:

  1. Made me feel happy to watch the promo! It reminded me of the joy of being involved in theatre when in grammar and high-school. Thanks for the uplift and Bravo!
    m

    ReplyDelete