Saturday, August 13, 2016

The Year Of Little Steps

It has been a year since I walked into CBS for my first paid day of work there, one that I wasn't even sure was paid at the time, as it was to be training for all that I would have to do. A year ago, I had no idea that I would be looking back on twelve months of work. A year ago, I had no idea that I would have worked almost every shift time imaginable and adjusted my body to almost every sleep amount and configuration I can think of. A year ago, I had no idea that I'd have new attachments and a little more financial security and a set of completely new skills. A year ago, I was simply looking for a new chance, perhaps a new challenge, and most definitely a new paycheck. And day by day, as a year has gone by, I have found a bit of all three.
 

We don't always know, as we take the little steps day by day, what a year's worth of those steps will look like, or amount to. Which means that sometimes, it's important to take the little steps, and to leave the big picture to paint itself. A year ago, I was in a much different place--in so many ways--than I am now. And while it seems far away, it has really just been a series of little steps. I guess you can take a lot of them in a year...

No comments:

Post a Comment