Thursday, October 17, 2013

Friday Again?

It has begun again--the Mondays that fly into Fridays. The weeks that collide with weekends too fast for you to keep up.
 

When the school year started, I thought perhaps this year might be different. The weeks seemed slower, and easier to navigate through. We could actually tell one day from another.
 

And then homework and activities hit. The homework and activities that sort of help us tell one day from another, but make the days go so quickly that we barely stop long enough to be aware of any of them. So that one day it is Monday, and before we know it, it has become Friday once again.
 

Is this one of those "time flies when you're having fun" situations? I doubt that anyone would say that whole weeks were that kind of fun. But, at the very least, it means that the parts that are not so much fun go quickly too. And, with things going so quickly, you rarely hear anyone say, "I'm bored," a line which, to me, is far worse than any feeling of having missed things when the week went too fast.
 
Tomorrow will be Friday again, and while I can't quite remember every thing that got us here from Monday, and I'm not sure I remember Tuesday at all, I know that we packed a lot of "far from boring" in. Which makes it a pretty good week. A week deserving of the weekend ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment