Monday, October 21, 2013

The Good News and The Bad News

1. The bad news is, numerous large textbooks live at home, cluttering my kids' room or my living room, or both. The good news is, if they go missing, we know that they must be somewhere in the apartment. The bad news is, finding anything in my apartment is no small task.
 

2. The good news is, my kids are now old enough to help make and clear meals. The bad news is, having them do so requires a gut-wrenching amount of patience on my part. The good news is, I have a few more people who can make me scrambled eggs and toast.
 

3. The bad news is, I keep everything, meaning I live with way too much clutter. The good news is, the Halloween costumes that I probably should have given away long ago still fit people in my household, and have saved me from Halloween store trauma. The bad news is, the not-chosen costumes are still exploded all over the floor.
 

4. The good news is, we managed to have dinner early enough to have a real evening. The bad news is, there is enough homework going on that it will be past my bedtime before I know it. The good news is, at least I will have time to digest before I go to bed.
 

5. The bad news is, piano practice has not been completed yet. The good news is, it's relatively quiet in my apartment. The bad news is, piano practice hasn't been completed yet, so it won't be quiet for long.
 

6. The good news is, my son's school robotics program has re-sparked his interest in Legos. The bad news is, we are now stepping on Legos of every shape, just about everywhere we walk. The good news is, there are at least some hours in the day when there are activities that require hands, but not a touch screen.
 

Thankfully, almost all bad news comes with accompanying good news. Remember that old question, "Which would you like first, the good news or the bad news?" Doesn't seem as though the order matters much, does it? That is, as long as you get to hear both.

No comments:

Post a Comment