Sunday, October 6, 2013

Get Outta Town

Despite having a full plate of potential activities in the city, we left town to visit relatives for the weekend. It is hard sometimes to "drop everything," step out of our routines, to do something like this. We become so used to the mindset of "getting things done," being all the places we are supposed to be, that to put all of it aside, even just for 36 hours, seems like a huge step.

Yet, now that we have done it, I see all of us getting much-needed sleep, which we probably wouldn't have allowed ourselves at home. I see family conversations that might not have happened in the course of our normal "accomplish it all" weekend days. And I see bags of beautiful fresh fruits and vegetables that I picked myself (and not from the shelves of a crowded grocery store).

Sometimes, dropping everything and "getting outta town" is just what everyone needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment