Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Forward March

As I thought about the last day of March, I remembered that it was March of last year when I began traveling to Connecticut for the online soaps. It was a time of so many emotions--excitement about being among friends, comfort in doing things I'd done for years, trepidation about being far (in real time, not just bus time) from my kids, eagerness to prove myself to whole new groups of people, and sheer joy to be not just working, but working as part of something new, and even daring.
 

As we come to the close of this March, I am reminded of how distant that memory is. Of how one adventure is so quickly replaced by others, yet remains a part of our makeup as we move forward. Of how we work with what we are given, and our minds and hearts go along...
 

At the moment, it's hard to imagine a daily trip to a different state. A daily job that often deposits me at home at 2am, only to return a few hours later. A year ago, that trip and those hours were part of the  greatest new adventure--what I called "soap camp."
 

We move on. Another March--a very different March--done. And a new April to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment