Saturday, July 18, 2015

Either Or

I can calculate what I've lost, or I can count what I've gained.

I can focus on the words that are missing, or I can highlight the ones that are there.

I can bemoan what is undone, or I can revel in what is done.

I can mourn what is no longer here, or I can celebrate what is yet to come.

I can see emptiness, or I can see room for something new.

I can crumble under the weight of difficulty, or I can fly with the wings of opportunity.

I can cry because I feel alone, or I can smile because I feel independent.

I can scramble to pick up the pieces to discard them, or I can gather the pieces to be part of some kind of whole.

I can want what someone else has, or I can appreciate how what I have fits me.

I can dig myself into a hole, or I can write myself out of a corner.

I can wait, or I can act.

I can wish for, or I can work to make happen.

I can dwell in what I wanted, or I can travel to what will be.

Life full of either's and or's. Will you stay with the either, or will you let yourself shoot for the "or"?

No comments:

Post a Comment