Friday, July 3, 2015

Good Tired, And Bad

My muscles are sometimes tired at the end of a day when I've worked out, but it's worth it because of the energy I feel in between. 

My eyes are sometimes tired after a long day of editing, but it's worth it because of the sense of accomplishment I feel as I'm creating. 

My feet are sometimes tired after a day of deciding that walking, even if it's a few miles, is better than a subway or bus, but it's worth it because of the time I don't spend waiting, and the money that I save, and the strengthening of my legs.

My voice is sometimes tired after a long day of directing, but it's worth it because I have communicated, and collaborated, and made something better.

My brain is sometimes tired after I've written and rewritten a long series of cover letters, but it's worth it because it is a step toward getting me in, getting me out there, and sometimes just "getting" me. 

My spirit is sometimes tired after a day of believing things that aren't true, or waiting for things that don't come to pass, or putting my faith in the wrong things, but it's worth it because...because... 

There's nothing wrong with a little bit of tired, as long as it comes from real work, or real exercise--physical, mental, or otherwise. But when our tired comes from waiting, or hesitating, or things we can't control, then tired is really just tired. And weary is, well, weary. And that is rarely ever worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment