Friday, September 14, 2012

Every Day

One of the most frequent comments I have gotten about this blog, both from readers and from some of my family members, is "Wow, every day?!  How can you think of something to write about every day, much less actually write it?"

What I tend to respond is "Some days are harder than others," which is something I've said about so many parts of my life--getting kids to and from 3 different schools, living in New York City with kids, having 3 kids in the first place.  And like so many things we try to do every day--going to the gym, keeping a clean house, flossing--some days ARE harder than others, but we do these things, either because we need or love to, because we know they are good for us, or because the discipline of doing them gives us a great sense of accomplishment.  Most of the time, it's probably some combination of all of these.

I started this blog because I believed I had something to say, both for myself, and, I hoped, for other people, and I have to say, the commitment to write it each day combined with the excitement of seeing that people really are reading is pretty similar to the adrenaline of going to the gym.  So while I may have to fight through some days to find a topic worth putting out there, I find that the fight makes me more observant, more aware of what is going on around me, and what that might mean in that moment and possibly more broadly in my life or life in general.  And isn't that something that's well worth doing every day?

No comments:

Post a Comment