Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Dreaming and Doing

I've been reading a lot about Tainted Dreams, a new soap opera created by a producer I worked with on and off for years, and featuring the talents (in front of and behind the camera) of a great many of other colleagues from my half a lifetime in soaps. It amazes me, actually, that without the structure or backing of a network, this intrepid and dedicated group made something that could become the next generation of the genre. They had an idea--a dream--and took steps to make it a reality.
 

When you have a dream, but no structure, the "making" can be hard. But when you are surrounded by structure, while "doing" may be easier, dreaming can be a challenge. I have watched this group of people do both the dreaming and the doing, and I am hopeful that the response to it will show that you can dream and do if you really put your mind to it. And that the genre that people keep trying to pronounce dead is still very much alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment