Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Reminders

I have often thought that I keep moving so I don't have to dwell on the past. So, if possible, I am always moving forward. But sometimes, you can move forward, yet sit still at the same time. Long car trips are full of moving forward, yet sitting still. And sitting still is full of reminders.
 

A sweet cup of coffee reminds me of Wednesdays last winter, when my daughter and I shared 99 cent sweet coffees and cocoas at 7-11, because I was home and around to share coffees and cocoas with my daughter.
 

The song "Raining Men" reminds me of the OLTL Christmas reel montage I edited featuring all the men on the crew. And of every other OLTL Christmas reel montage I ever edited.
 

The song "Tie a Yellow Ribbon" reminds me that music from my lifetime has actually made a difference in people's lives.
 

Barbra Streisand's "Memories" reminds me of-- well, you name it.
 

Happy New Year emails remind me of a year full of coffee dates with friends--and with people who became friends over coffee dates.
 

A mailbox full of holiday cards reminds me of all the friends who have remained friends for years--with or without coffee.
 

Arriving home reminds me of a year ago, when arriving home simply meant returning to my computer full of cover letters and resumes.

Watching the ball drop on TV, sitting on the couch with my family, reminds me of all the years when New Year's depressed me, and of all the years, like this one, when I let it be just a night when we stayed up late. And when I moved forward to the year to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment