Friday, February 14, 2014

Chasing Trains

As my travel these days is largely on foot, I didn't have to chase anything in the snow. The walking may have taken a little longer, but I was not dependent on anything with wheels.
 

But sometimes, the "trains" we chase are not in the form of large people containers with wheels. While my transportation may have been uneventful, my day was certainly not. Some days, the "train" of life just goes too fast for us to keep up.
 

I have my lists. I know what things I need to accomplish by day's end. I review all those things in my head on that walk to work. The problem is, while there may be a list--kind of like a schedule of trains--there are inevitably a whole bunch of unscheduled trains, and somehow, the unscheduled ones always overtake the ones on your list.
 

So, I ended the day exhausted from chasing the trains that appeared before me--it's hard to ignore those--but feeling as though I missed the ones I really needed to take.
 

Perhaps next time, I'll shoot for buses. They take it a little slower. And there are a lot more opportunities to get off and transfer.

No comments:

Post a Comment