Sunday, February 9, 2014

Dream

Last night, I dreamed I made a documentary. Well, perhaps not a documentary--more like a several minute news package, complete with video and pictures and voiceover. In my dream, I did it all--the writing, the editing, even the voice--and each time I began to wake up, I forced myself back to sleep, so that I could finish this creation.
 

Dreams, of course, are just dreams, so I did not get up in the morning with an edited news package in my hands. I don't even really remember the subject matter, only the fact that I was doing the thing, and was quite determined to finish.
 

Did I spend the day scrambling to write something? No. Searching the Internet for pictures and video so that I could start something? Nope. Setting up an editing timeline for a project yet to be? Not that either. The day was spent, as most days are, accomplishing the necessary tasks of a family. For now, my dream remains just a dream.
 

But dreams, of course, do stay with us. So maybe, when I least expect it, that dream will remind me if something I CAN do. Maybe, when I most need it, that dream will give me the inspiration to try something I've never done. Because that's what dreams are--a little maybe, a little can, a little try, and yes, a lot of inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment