Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Life Is Like A Puddle

I walked through a lot of puddles this morning. As I gradually realized that, despite my wearing snow boots, my feet felt as though they had fish swimming around them, I also realized that my path through the puddles was oddly analogous to any number of situations in life. And once I'd stopped to buy taller, drier boots, I figured I should make a record of some of the analogies.
 

1. Life is like a puddle #1--Things may seem like a mess. And they may be uncomfortable. But you will survive.
 

2. Life is like a puddle #2--You can't avoid every puddle or every slippery situation. But sometimes, you can choose which puddle has to be stepped in and which one should really be avoided.
 

3. Life is like a puddle #3--If you watch the people who have gone in front of you, you can get a pretty good sense of what might work and what definitely won't. Don't be afraid to follow a lead (or avoid a pitfall!).
 

4. Life is like a puddle #4--Unexpected things can, and will, happen. You may get stuck, or splashed, or slowed, or stopped. Prepare for the unexpected. Leave extra time, take extra socks, make back-up plans.
 

5. Life is like a puddle #5--If you lose your footing along the way, it's okay to ask for help. Everyone needs a little assistance to get back up sometimes.
 

6. Life is like a puddle #6--On the puddle-filled days, it may seem as though you'll be walking through puddles every day. But the sun does come out. And the puddles do dry up. And if you've remembered "Life is like a puddle #1," when it does, you'll be off and running again.

No comments:

Post a Comment