Tuesday, June 10, 2014

I Thought...What Was I Thinking?

I thought I'd go right from soaps to children's TV. But life doesn't always go in a straight line, does it?
 

I thought that I would keep in constant touch with my former co-workers forever. But day to day life intervenes, doesn't it?
 

I thought that once you lose touch, you can never get it back. But once in a while, an unexpected phone call or email reminds you otherwise.
 

I thought that I'd never have time for friends outside of work. Turns out that being out of work was the best way to fix that.
 

I thought that friends outside of work would fall away when I was working. Turns out that doesn't have to happen.
 

I thought that parenthood would he simpler when I was no longer changing diapers and providing accompaniment for my children's every move. What was I thinking?
 

I thought that I would never work in news. It turns out that news is just telling a different kind of story.
 

I thought I'd be settled more in something by now. Oh, well.
 

I thought I'd be more upset about being unsettled. But, on a good day, "unsettled" just means "still exploring." And exploring is a good thing.
 

I thought that by now, I would know who I was when I looked in the mirror. Some days, I do. Others, I'm just not sure.
 

I thought that knowing who you are at every moment was necessary. Turns out that when you're not sure, you find out you're a whole lot of things you never thought you could be. Which helps with the parenting and the friendships and the exploring and the zig-zaggy lines. And, well, with just about everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment