Saturday, June 7, 2014

Making Up Words

This morning, I used the word (words?) "yuckish-sickish" in an email.
 

Do you know how hard it is to get a smartphone to let you use the word "yuckish-sickish"?
 

But I needed to use that word, so I persisted, and now, I can use the word as often as I like. I am even offered that word when I'm trying to say something else.
 

Sometimes, it takes making up words like that to express how we really feel. Sometimes it takes doing battle with a device, or a person, or ourselves, or making time where there is none, or even surviving feeling a little yuckish-sickish in order to move forward and accomplish the things we'd like. Sometimes it takes all of these things to make us stronger, and smarter (even if we make up words)--and happier.
 

And not so yuckish-sickish anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment