Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Monday Morning

This morning when I walked into work, Monday weariness all over me, I saw a graphic designer retrieving her chair, which had, I suppose, been appropriated for a meeting when she wasn't there. It was funny, actually, the idea that you'd have to retrieve your own chair when you arrived at work, and I chuckled with her about it as I said "Good morning."
 

Mondays aren't always easy. So much always seems undone at the end of my weekends that it can be hard to return to work, knowing that all the personal stuff will have to wait for another weekend. Yet somehow, this little humorous interaction about the chair welcomed me back to Monday. Somehow, it was a lovely reminder that it's okay to transition from the undone at home to the undone at work. That it's okay to leave the comfort of home when you realize that you have some kind of comfort--or at least camaraderie--at work. That perhaps you are not the only one struggling to make that home to work transition (and at least you have a chair waiting for you when you get there). And that having somewhere to go can be a whole lot better than facing Monday alone.
 

Monday morning quickly fades into a week full of whatever happens before the next weekend. I've survived it for another week. I'll get back to you, weekend. For now, I'm happy to say, I've got places to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment