Saturday, August 30, 2014

Peanuts Quiz

I don't do quizzes-really, I don't. All those "what kind of person are you?" or "who's right for you?" or "what should you do next?" things generally strike me as no more helpful than a fortune cookie in determining who I am and how I should live. Yet, today, when I saw a quiz about what Peanuts character you are, I just couldn't resist. You see, I am a Peanuts lover from way back. So, considering that Snoopy and company started shaping my life at a very early age, I figured the least I could do was find out (through a VERY scientific survey!) what Peanuts character I most resembled.

As I started answering questions, I didn't think about guessing. I simply answered honestly and left the rest to chance. And when all was said and done, I was Linus, and the accompanying description stopped me in my tracks. It talked about philosophy of life, and approach to things, and it reminded me a little about who exactly I am.

I know--it's just an online quiz. But in a life in which I sometimes feel that I'm just trying to keep up--to stay competitive, to make a living, to maintain an organized and productive household--it is easy to forget exactly who I am and what I think about anything. So, for me, Linus was a wake-up call-- a reminder that I am more than what I do, and deeper than what I "produce."

I can't say I'll now be taking every quiz that comes down the pike, but this one was a good way to start my day and to end my week.

I guess maybe all these years later, Snoopy and company are still shaping my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment