Sunday, October 26, 2014

Catching Up and Out

There are Saturdays when I wake up refreshed from a different kind of sleep than I've had all week, and there are Saturdays when it seems that I won't possibly be able to make up for the sleep I missed out on for five days. And there are Saturdays when, either way, I'm up and out the door. Today was one of those days...
 

What did that get me?
 

A walk in the clearest air we've had since it started raining days ago.
 

A chance to talk about my week with friends and with potential new friends.
 

A little more knowledge and a little bit of music.
 

Perspective only gained by stepping out into the world.
 

The right to take a nap later and feel justified in doing it.
 

The knowledge that, whatever I did the rest of the day, at least I'd done something.
 

Sometimes, Saturdays are about catching up, and sometimes they are about getting out. And sometimes, it's worth managing a little bit of both.

No comments:

Post a Comment