Monday, October 13, 2014

Ramp To Monday

I spent the day on my normal trajectory toward Monday--pronouncements about homework and bedtime, goals for apartment state and laundry. And then I realized that this week, Monday was not really Monday.
 

For me, there would be work (and I'm generally grateful for that). But for my kids, there would be no early wake up, no having to turn in papers and homework, no racing out the door. And suddenly the weight of Sunday was lifted. After all, Sunday may be part of the weekend, a day to enjoy and savor, but more often than not, it is a quick ramp toward Monday. If all you do is enjoy Sunday, the ramp to Monday is steep. The only way to make it more gradual is to devote Sunday to Monday preparation, and that is not always an easy or pleasant thing.
 

I will be waking up tomorrow, same as always (though perhaps a bit later, since I won't be making school lunches and hurrying people out the door). This week, our "Sunday" will, I guess, be a Monday. And hopefully, we'll have a less steep trip down the ramp to show for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment