Thursday, November 19, 2015

Fourth Anniversary

Tonight, I was reminded that four years ago, we shot the last scenes of One Life to Live on West 66th Street. While the rest of my day, I'll admit, had been full of all kinds of things unrelated to that anniversary of sorts, when I was reminded, it took me no time flat to be transported to that day and place, and all the feelings from four years ago. I remembered the speeches, and the hugs from unlikely coworkers, the sudden sinking feeling that it was real, and the hollowness of walking out of a studio that was full and alive for the very last time. I remember being scheduled as the booth AD for that day, because I loved being there, in the thick of things. I remember trying to capture it all, and staying just a little longer, so it wouldn't actually be over.
 

It is clear from the Facebook posts that we all, in one way or another, have moved on over the last four years. But it is also clear that the feelings I have about being reminded of the anniversary are far from mine alone. No matter where we each have ended up, geographically, or professionally, or psychologically, we all still share the bond of that day, and of the days and weeks and years that led up to that day.
 

So on this anniversary of sorts, I am melancholy for what may no longer be, but even more, I am immensely grateful for what was, and for the people who remind me of everything we shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment