Friday, January 15, 2016

Maybe I Shouldn't

Maybe I shouldn't deliver a forgotten gym uniform or email a forgotten homework assignment. But sometimes I can, so I do.
 

Maybe I shouldn't nap in the daytime or just enjoy the midday sun through my apartment window. But sometimes I can, so I do.
 

Maybe I shouldn't buy ice cream or bake muffins or pop popcorn. But sometimes I can, so I do.
 

Maybe I shouldn't try to be everywhere for everyone. But sometimes, I can, so I do.
 

Maybe I shouldn't buy fuzzy pajamas and funny socks and colorful scarves. But sometimes I can, so I do.
 

Maybe I shouldn't pause, or stop, or rest, or accept. But sometimes I can, so I do.
 

We can live by "should," or we can live by "can." The real question is--when we look back, which will make us happier about how we spent our days...

No comments:

Post a Comment