Monday, October 8, 2012

First Impressions

On the first day of a new job, I feel that it is important to make a good first impression.  Some thoughts--

1.  Be tall (an important thing when you are a smallish person like me).  So people will take you more seriously.  The tall wedge shoes I bought last month for a wedding.

2.  Be serious.  Black pants.  Enough said.

3.  Be colorful.  It makes you look creative.  Purple jacket.

4.  Be quirky.  Because if you can't be confident enough to be quirky, you might as well just stay home.  TV set earrings.

5.  Be warm.  Because people like warm people.  Plus, it was cold today.  And my COSBY fleece jacket is a reminder of where I've been and some of the great people I've been lucky enough to meet.

You know, it occurs to me that I dressed almost the same for my interview-turned-disaster a few weeks ago.  It didn't do much for me that day.

So if my first impression of their first impression of me on this new gig is any indication, I think I'm gonna do just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment