Saturday, October 6, 2012

Previously, on Not Washed Up Yet

I announced that I got a job.  Well, a gig.  For a few weeks, I'll be editing for a new hour-long show.  It's funny how something can come up almost out of the blue when you've been taking all sorts of steps that seemed to be leading nowhere.

And out of the blue it was, the "hiring," virtually all by email, and start to end, set up in less than a week.

I'm excited--going to work every day should be a welcome change, and I will certainly like the change in my bank account.  But I would be crazy not to realize that it will be a big change for us all.  No more Mommy waiting at bus stops and making dinner each night (such as that was!)

Just as it took time to settle in to my being around more, to getting over missing our babysitters, it will take time (probably the whole 4-5 weeks of the gig!) to get used to what used to be "just the way it was."

On the soap, we talked about "front and back burner characters".  No one wanted to be a back burner character for long.  The work schedule might be great, but front burner was way more interesting, and characters who handled change and crisis on a fairly constant basis were certainly the ones people eagerly tuned in to see.  So as of Monday, I'm back on the front burner, attempting to handle more than is really possible in a day, including, of course, continuing to write this blog.  Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment