Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Chasing Buses

The title of this post would be most interesting to my son, who is a bus fanatic, and since, as he put it, "most of the exciting stuff in your day today was about me, right?", it seems only appropriate.

And why was the most exciting stuff in my day about him?  Well, one COULD argue that from the point of view of an eight-year-old boy, anything done with him would HAVE to be more exciting than anything a mom would do alone while her kids are in school.  Today, though, I might be inclined to agree with him.
After all, I DID have to go to his school to retrieve him when a mixup had him not end up on the school bus (thus, the title!)
And he and I DID share a mighty tasty doughnut from the gourmet doughnut shop that we never go to after I retrieved him.
And, because of this "retrieval," we DID take a bus we wouldn't ordinarily take.
And because of the resulting delay, I DID have to alter the errands list I had planned for while he was in Hebrew School.

And because I felt bad that the mishap had left him waiting in the school office for almost an hour, my errand list DID come to include a number of his favorite foods.
Oh, and the most exciting part for him?  He was able to show me his brand new, in a fancy cloth case, third grade recorder, on the steps of his school as soon as we left the building.

When I started my day, I thought perhaps the most exciting thing in it would be finishing a music video I was editing.  Or making the apartment a lot cleaner.  Or having a yummy afternoon cup of coffee.  Exciting stuff, huh?

Thank goodness there is an eight-year-old in my life to remind me that excitement can enter your day just when you least expect it.  And that we are all a lot better off when it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment