Saturday, December 8, 2012

Procrastination

It's hard to be convincing telling my kids to practice piano when here it is, 8:45, and I am just now writing today's post.  While I grant myself a fair amount of leeway for crazy days, today was pretty un-crazy.  Week two back at the dojo, everyone glad to see the kids, me glad for them to have exercise and me to have time to run errands and buy Chanukah presents (no matter when it falls, I'm always scrambling for eight nights of gifts x three).  I could have written the blog during karate time, but did I?  Nope.

After karate, no plans.  Really.  No plans at all, almost to the point that I thought we would find out we forgot to go somewhere we were supposed to be.  I could have written the blog then, but did I?  Nope.  Too busy loading the dishwasher and wrapping Chanukah presents, then wandering the grocery store with my son.  A blog to do, but so many other things looking like fun.  Even now, I'm pondering the week's kid activities, checking my Facebook and LinkedIn, because, hey, something might have changed in the last ten minutes, and negotiating with the kids about doing their piano.

So, I guess procrastination is not just for kids and their piano and homework.  It's not just for people who don't accomplish anything, because despite the lack of supporting evidence in my bank account, I do feel that I'm accomplishing things.  Once in a while, I actually come up with a better blog topic when I wait all day to do it (don't tell my kids--I'll start hearing that as an excuse for putting off homework!)

So here it is, done before the clock struck midnight.  And hey,  what's a little procrastination among friends, as long as the blog gets done (and kids are happy that they got Chanukah presents)!

No comments:

Post a Comment