Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sunday Again

How did it happen that just yesterday, I was going through the Monday routine of claiming unemployment benefits, and now it is Sunday again?

Of course, that wasn't really yesterday.  Sometimes, though, the weeks go so fast, it feels that way.

Early on in my job search, I tried to send out as many resumes as possible.  Even if it felt as though they went into some sort of HR black hole, I could look back at the end of the week and feel that I had accomplished a lot.  After all, when you're job hunting, you don't necessarily have a product to show for all your hard work--no book, no TV show--so finding something to measure your progress is important for keeping the momentum and some feeling of accomplishment going.

These days, I do far less blanket resume sending, so when I get to the end of the week, it's harder to quantify what I've done.  Luckily, this week, I can actually see my work on video, since most of my week was spent getting toward finishing both a sitcom pilot and a music video that I've been editing at home, on my free days and at night when I've had a gig.  While working on them at home has definitely been different from working surrounded by other production people, it still feels good to see a product and know that the product is, at least in part, based on choices I made and work I did.

So, I guess that, while it feels as though this week went quickly, it was a good one in terms of what I have to show for it--some pretty video, a whole lot of new computer knowledge, and an interview to boot.  Oh, and crossing the 5000 pageviews mark for this blog, thanks to all of you.

I hope I'll have as much to show next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment