Thursday, January 2, 2014

Going Back

No matter how long the vacation, going back to the "reality" of normal daily responsibilities is a challenge. A few thoughts as we "go back"......
 
 
1. Do all these work and school things really have to start so early? I mean, weren't we happier and more productive sleeping till 10? (Okay, maybe happier, but, I guess, not more productive.)
 
 
2. Is it really possible to have had more homework to complete than when we were not on vacation? (Okay, I guess not more if you split it over all the days. But who wants to split it over all the days of a vacation?)
 
 
3. Is it really possible to have created more clutter in the calm of vacation than in the chaos of normal life? (Okay, I guess we are just clutter producers, whether stressed or relaxed!)
 
 
4. Does feeling not ready to go back mean we squandered the days of vacation? (No way. On the contrary, perhaps it means we really used them, but could just use more.)
 
 
5. Shouldn't I be ready to kick my kids out of the house and back to school? (Maybe, but perhaps the fact that I'm not means we mostly got along, even enjoyed each other, and now will just have to look forward to the next vacation.)
 
 
Good luck going back!

No comments:

Post a Comment