Saturday, May 24, 2014

Two Days By Ten

Early this morning, I drove my daughter to school. It's a weekly treat for her, on a day when her traveling companions have a different schedule. I would like to say that it gives us quality mother-daughter time, in which we can talk through problems or logistics or feelings. Mostly, I just drive and she just sleeps. But I digress. When I continued my day by going to work, I had the odd sensation that the driving to school had been another day. Even two days ago.
 

I read an article once about the five (or six or ten--I don't remember) things that successful people do before 7am (or some early time). I remember thinking that, though I am an early riser, and often an early accomplisher, I might never be successful, since the list included things I never even think about doing, before 7 or otherwise. Yet, today, as I was walking, feeling as though I was already on Day 2 at 10am, I felt kind of successful (and perhaps a little tired!). While I had not gone to the gym, answered all my emails, and whatever else I could have done before 7, I had a lot under my belt by 10, and my day (or Day 2 or 3) was just getting started. And coffee in hand, I figured I'd do pretty well in the success column.
 

With mornings like this, it's no wonder I'm tired at night!

No comments:

Post a Comment