Sunday, July 27, 2014

Tennis Lessons

I played a bit of tennis today with my family. Nothing fancy--just hitting the ball back and forth, and, given my level of ability, chasing the balls all over. I don't think I got any better at tennis,  but I did learn a few things...

1. You don't have to chase every single thing that comes your way.

2. There will be times when things are way beyond your reach. There's nothing wrong with stretching for them. But it stretching doesn't mean you'll get a hit. And it might make you a little sore later.

3. A little laughter during something challenging goes a long way.

4. It's important (and useful) to recognize other people's strengths (and weaknesses), not just your own.

5. Sometimes just getting yourself in the game is the hardest part. But it's usually worth it--win, lose, or draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment