Monday, July 14, 2014

The Way It Once Was

I had a moment today of not being ready to face Monday, of not being ready to start a new work week and all the structure that a new work week entailed. And then I thought about how Mondays were a few years ago--completely devoid of structure, unless you counted filing for weekly unemployment and scouring the internet for new job postings and worrying about, but not making, the dinner that seemed to be my responsibility, since I was not working, and, of course, being on time to meet a school bus. On those Mondays, I didn't have to report to work. I just started another week with nowhere to report and the enormity of the search once again in front of me. It was daunting.
 

And thus, my moment today passed quickly.

We'd be crazy not to enjoy our weekends and the time away, or with our families, or even just sleeping that they give us. But returning to work on Monday--I can't help but remember that, at least for me, that's a good thing. It has to be. Because I can't help but remember the way it once was.

No comments:

Post a Comment