Friday, December 5, 2014

One Day Only, Hours Left, Ends Tonight

My inbox is full of them--reminders that I can save, but only for a limited time, that I can make all my friends and relatives happy at the holidays, but only if I act now, and that I must make time in my schedule to shop online, in-store, but most of all, TODAY.
 

There are some among these many emails that I automatically delete--stores whose list I am on because I shopped there once or entered a contest once or simply fell into the chain of online marketing. But each day, there are also many that catch my attention--might that be an unusual gift for that hard to buy for someone? And at 20 or 30 or 50 percent off, how can I go wrong, right?
 

So, each morning, as the emails fly in, I consider. I plan. I use far more than my available time and brain space to think about how I will act on them. And then I go about my day, which most of the time leaves no time for any of it, and before I know it, I have missed the "one day only," even with the multiple reminders of "hours left."
 

I could just delete them all each day. I could limit myself to saving just a few, so that I might have a fighting chance of acting on any, instead of being overwhelmed by many. But somehow, whether I use them or not, whether I simply delete them in a mass elimination effort at the end of the week, I like having them there. I like believing that if I act, I will get a deal or a bargain or the perfect item for someone on my list. And I like knowing that I have a time limit to do it, even if I end up on the wrong side of that time limit at least 80 percent of the time (now THAT would be a nice discount).
 

Today was no different--I missed an "extra 15% off--last day" and a "35% off--15 hours only." What can I say? Life gets in the way, and other deadlines tend to outweigh those.
 

Not to worry--my inbox will be full again tomorrow, and as for the "limited time only"? I am quite sure it will start all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment