Tuesday, January 27, 2015

When I Grow Up (With Thanks to Matilda the Musical)

When I grow up, I will be smart enough to know just the right thing to say to open the doors I want to open.
 

When I grow up, I will be comfortable enough to do what I enjoy without thought of time or distance or hourly rate.
 

When I grow up, I will be brave enough to believe I can do what I've never done, and strong enough to convince perfect strangers of that.
 

When I grow up, I will eat what I want without having to worry about fitting into the clothes that make a good impression.
 

When I grow up, I will be visionary enough to see how the skills from one world can make sense in another.
 

When I grow up, I will have time for lots of coffees with friends. And available funds and available calories for fancy coffees with friends.
 

When I grow up, I will be focused enough to make the most of my days, even if the most is enjoying a good nap.
 

When I grow up, I will be trusting enough to realize that things often work out, even when it seems that they can't.
 

When I grow up, I will keep loving the music that reminds me that lots of things really are possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment