Thursday, March 17, 2016

Still Not Washed Up Yet?

I suppose it is the truest indication of my having lost track of days that a work night and most of a recovery day went by without my posting a blog. Sometimes, the gaps of time just aren't enough. Sometimes, it is the gaps of mind that are really needed, and sometimes, they just aren't there.
 

I remember when I began this blog, I suddenly felt just removed enough from the end of the ABC soaps to be able to write about my experiences with them. I had time to explore and things to prove, and stories to tell, and thus, Not Washed Up Yet was born. That was three and a half years ago.
 

This is not a farewell post. On the contrary, it is perhaps a confirmation that Not Washed Up Yet will continue. For, if we, at any age, and in any circumstance, can continue to believe that we are not washed up yet, we must also accept that doing what we want to do won't always be easy. There will be obstacles--competition for our time, attention, and brain power. There will be challenges that make us wonder if we can keep moving forward. There will be adventures that capture our focus and defeats that shake our confidence. But then there will be the parts of our existence that keep us going--family, friends, and commitments to things we love to do.
 

So, sometimes better late than never, Not Washed Up Yet is still alive and well. Because even after all these years, there are still stories to tell, and time to explore, and things to prove. And that is the cost, and the advantage, of being not washed up yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment