Friday, March 4, 2016

Where Credit Is Due

To the woman who kept me from getting hit by a cab that ran a red light on my way to work--
 

Thank you, for reminding me that arriving safely is more important than arriving on time.
 

Thank you, for reminding me that things going wrong shouldn't make you let other things go more wrong.
 

Thank you, for reminding me that my family just wants me to get home, no matter what time it is, and whether or not I've earned money.
 

Thank you, for reminding me that we New Yorkers ARE paying attention.
 

Thank you, for reminding me to stop and think sometimes, instead of just rushing and worrying all the time.
 

To the woman who stopped me from stepping in front of that cab, as firmly as I would have done with my own children, who made it possible for me to get to work and to get home, and to remember what is really important--thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment