Thursday, July 11, 2013

Different Crazy

I ended up in a number of situations today where people apologized for things being crazy when, truthfully, I viewed the situations as just part of the ups and downs of everyday life. It'a funny how, as you live and work through a variety of things, you realize that every family and every workplace has its own version of crazy. Think yours is the only place where there's one person who challenges everything? Think again. Think yours is the only place where people are constantly walking fine lines of personality dynamics? Again, think again.

I don't really think "my life is a soap opera," yet I'm realizing more and more that there really is no "normal," probably in my life and work or in anybody else's. Or maybe it's just the same "not normal" all over. Normal, it seems, is more about how we process what is happening than about what we are facing. There are always going to be easier days and harder days, but the juggling of personalities and tasks and family and workplace politics seems to be as present in any number of arenas as it is in mine. And, while there might be days when I'd like the path to be a straightforward A to B to C, the throwing in of a Q or a Z along the way sure makes things a lot more interesting.

So, no need to apologize for things being crazy. It's just a different crazy. And I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment