Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Euphoria in 7 Cameras

I thought it might matter that I hadn't done multi-camera AD work in a long time (most of my gigs this year have been on the editing end).  But a 3-day orchestra gig and 7 cameras later, it's as if I never missed a beat (no pun intended).
 

What, you may ask, does this mean?  It means I can look at pieces of paper with numbers and descriptions for every shot each of 7 cameras needs to get in an hour and a half show, and simultaneously look at tiny monitors and tell camera operators when they need to adjust their shots. Oh, and when they have a great shot that the director should see.
 

None of this has to make sense. The point is, after months of going down many, MANY avenues, trying to clarify what I do, and what I CAN do, today, I was reminded that, while I may do many things, and be able to do many things, there is a reason why the AD thing is something I am known for doing well.


Just a little euphoria in 7 cameras.

No comments:

Post a Comment