Monday, May 4, 2015

Chasing Time

I thought that I was multitasking, but I was really just chasing time.
 

I thought that I was taking pictures to capture the moment, but I was really just chasing time.
 

I thought that I was walking quickly to stay on schedule, but I was really just chasing time.
 

I thought that I was watching the clock to make sure I wouldn't be late, but I was really just chasing time.
 

I thought that I was extending celebrations to make the festivities last, but I was really just chasing time.
 

I thought that I was running home to save on babysitting hours, but I was really just chasing time.
 

I thought that I was making the "quick weeknight dinner" recipe from the magazine because the picture looked pretty, but I was really just chasing time.
 

I thought that I was jogging with my son to give us both some exercise, but I was really just chasing time.
 

Some days, every moment seems to be spent trying to catch up with the time we wish we had. What have you done today? If you're anything like me, you've done a lot of chasing time. And there will probably be more tomorrow, because so far, at least for me, there hasn't been all that much catching.

No comments:

Post a Comment