Friday, May 15, 2015

The Good, The Bad, and The In Between

I am pretty good at the good. I have learned to survive the bad. But the in between may be the thing that gets the best of me.
 

Today, I found myself at home--released from one gig, not booked for another--nothing dire, just something different from what I'd expected. It should have been a celebration--not out of work, just home from work, not desperate for free time, but full of it. I could have chosen to enjoy the sun. I could have chosen to accomplish the normally unaccomplishable. Instead, I spent my day halfway between here and there, partway between done and undone, midway between a feeling of complete freedom and a feeling of complete captivity.
 
Tomorrow, I will return to work as usual (as usual as work is in the life of a freelancer). Could today have been better? Maybe. Could today have been worse? Perhaps. Honestly, I really couldn't tell you, because I pretty much spent it in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment