Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Planned and Unplanned

When I woke up in the morning, there was a day full of plans ahead of me--things to get done, places to get to, a need at least to get by. There were plans, and I followed them. I did what I was supposed to do, went where I was supposed to go, and, by and large, got by.
 

And then emails happened. And then schedules running over happened. And then a stalled car happened. And suddenly, a straightforward day that was planned became a seemingly endless day that wasn't. A Tuesday that melted into Wednesday. A reminder that all the plans in the world can't keep the unplanned from happening.
 

But when the unplanned happened, I remained calm, because somehow, I just did. When the unplanned happened, I screamed a little, because sometimes you have to. When the unplanned happened, I shifted a little as I felt the planned day shift beneath me.
 

I guess sometimes, planning doesn't always mean you'll have a completely planned day.

No comments:

Post a Comment